Los Angeles is a county of immigrants, and each has a unique and wonderful story to tell. We want to hear yours! Do you remember the day you left? How did you feel when you first became a naturalized citizen? No matter what your country of origin or current status, please consider sharing your journey with us. You can submit your thoughts in any format you like; we’ll be accepting written stories (Doc, PDF), images, audio, and even video. Stories will then be posted on our LA County Library Community Collections so others can learn and grow from you experiences.
Submissions will be accepted through November 5, 2021
Do you need some help getting started? Tell us about:
- Where were you born?
- What was your family like?
- What made you want to immigrate?
- What was the journey like?
- How did you feel when you arrived?
- How did it feel to become a naturalized citizen?
- All ages are welcome to participate.
- Written stories (Doc, PDF), images, audio, and video submissions accepted
- Please limit audio and visual submissions to 5 minutes or less.
- We will be collecting from September 17th to November 5, 2021.